Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Blue Cheese Bacon Wrapped Chicken

This recipe has prob. been done a million times/ways but this is one of my husbands favorite ways to cook chicken (besides another chicken recipe I'll share soon!). I thought I would share it because it IS very tasty and super simple. I also love it because the ingredients are simple and it can be cooked on the grill or in the oven! 

In this particular recipe we used Blue Cheese. You can do any kind of cheese you want to use. We have done Pepper Jack, sharp Cheddar Cheese and even Monterrey Jack. Sometimes I like to add red bell pepper slices or purple onion too.

Ingredient List: 
Boneless/Skinless Chicken Thighs (I like them better than chicken breasts), Bacon, Blue Cheese, chopped Garlic, Garlic Powder, Season Salt, Pepper, toothpicks and optional chopped Basil or Parsley (not pictured)

After rinsing and patting your chicken dry, spread some garlic and blue cheese over the chicken. Then wrap with bacon and secure with toothpicks. It's ok if you need more than one toothpick, I do.  I cut my bacon in half and use one going one half going one direction and use the other half to go the other way around. Keeps the cheese locked in!

Continue until they are all wrapped. Once you get to wrapping it goes fast! See how pretty they look!

Once wrapped sprinkle with your seasons! YUM! 

Next, I threw them on a hot grill BUT first I wiped a sheet of tinfoil down with olive oil and cooked the chicken on top of it. This will keep the grill from catching your bacon on fire. I grilled it until the chicken/bacon was a nice golden brown.

 Look at this chicken goodness!!!

Enjoy!! If you make the recipe I would love to hear how you liked it or changed the recipe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment