Thursday, June 12, 2014

Summer

The days have been flying! I can't believe it's already the 12th! We've been spending our days swimming, cooking/baking, taking walks before it gets to hot, Father's Day shopping and playing! We had a sweet little guest (my friends 4yr old) for a few days while his mama was in the hospital. I'm looking forward to next week because Riley is home for vacation!! We have lunch scheduled at Texas de Brazil to celebrate his birthday!! 

Today was craft day for Father's Day! Walgreens had white 100% cotton tshirts at Walgreens 4 for $10. I thought he could use them for around the house lounge/pajama shirts. I used picmonkey to design some transfers (if you try this don't forget to reverse them for printing). I printed them on freezer paper, ironed the freezer paper to the shirts, darkened the lines with a sharpie and then let the kids color them with fabric markers. They turned out so good!! I messed up on one shirt. I wasn't paying attention and ironed it upside down. Lol. Oh wow, Riley will think it's funny. The kids LOVED working on these! I had to make them promise not to spill the beans before Sunday!! This year Riley's dad is out of town so it will just be us. The kids are going to help me make Riley homemade banana pudding! 
If the weather is nice we plan to swim and grill bacon blue cheese burgers! Yum! 

Here are the shirts after ironing the design on and darkening it with sharpie. 



1 comment: