Monday, February 9, 2015

Birthday and Death

Well my daughter is officially a teenager! I can't believe how fast the last ten years has gone. She is turning into a beautiful confident young lady. We kind of ended up celebrating over the course of three days!! Which I'm sure she didn't mind lol! 

Before I share her party pictures I wanted to document a few things. This last week leading up to her birthday was stressful and incredibly sad. Brady had a HUGE school project with MANY parts due on Feb. 6. That in itself took up a few evenings. Britney also had a choir trip one evening and she didn't get home until way after 9pm. I was proud of her though because she called to tell me the bus was running behind and not to worry. 

We also had a very sad and stressful family event that made us all stop in our tracks. Riley's dad is an identical twin. His twin had gone into the hospital last Tuesday for a new heart valve and some bypasses. This was his second time on the table having had bypasses many years ago. When they started the surgery they discovered his heart was stuck to the chest wall and the surgeons had accidentally cut into it (from what I understand). They had to get him stabilized before they could continue with the surgery. My FIL had gone into work with plans to go to the hospital after he had finished a few things. As he was working he started to feel very sick and nausated. He decided he better head for the hospital because he knew his brother was in distress. On he way to the hospital his nephew called to tell him it was touch and go. When his brother made it out of surgery they had the valve and left side of the heart working but not the part they cut into. They hoped the heart was just in shock and it would start working in 1-3 days. By The next day they had to take him back into surgery (he was still open from Tuesday) because he had a few leaks. By Wednesday night the other side of the heart was working. This was wonderful but we all knew he was not out of the woods yet. Unfortunately his time here with us was cut short and he went to heaven on Thursday morning. It was a sad and somber day. We were also so worried about Riley's dad. Riley and I couldn't imagine being a twin for 76 years and then your twin is gone. It also made us stop and think about the age of my inlaws. We will be shattered when it's their time to go. Britney's party was supposed to be Saturday night but we moved it to Sunday because Uncle D's memorial got scheduled. Britney was a little upset but she understood. To top it all off, I started running fever on Wednesday (which I never do) and by Wednesday afternoon I was so sick with chills, sore throat and lethargy. Thursday morning I woke up with my throat hangy down thingie so swollen I could barely talk or swallow. Thankfully I was able to get to the doctor, get a shot and get some liquid antibiotics/liquid Advil. It was so bad my doctor said if it got any more swollen I would have to go to the ER. I'm happy to say that by that afternoon the steroid shot worked fast and I was feeling so much better!! That swelling was scary! My doctor said,"There is no way you can swallow a big pill".  Britney was happy too because we were supposed to go shopping (she had Friday off from school) with Granny. Thursday was just not a good day!!

Friday: I woke up feeling much much better and was able to take Britney shopping!! 

With her granny: 

Saturday: Originally Brits party was scheduled for Saturday evening but Uncle D's memorial was that night so we had to move it to Sunday. We were still able to get up and take just her for breakfast, James Avery and to go pick up her cake. She was so surprised and excited about her new bracelet! 

I'll post the party pictures in the next post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment