Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Thirteen TEEN Birthday

had the hardest time deciding what I wanted to do for Brit's birthday!! Brits only requests were that it have aqua or teal colors thrown in amd that there be cake! I actually left it all a surprise until the day I put it out! I had to work on most of it during the week and put it away before she came home from school. I decided to go with a more grown up theme and do "blooms" because all I could think about is the young lady she is blossoming into. Making the tissue paper flowers was so fun and really added a huge pop of color! I was able to use a lot of items I already owned (yellow sheet, aqua fabric runner, some tissue paper, dishes). Only things I purchased for decorations was tissue paper, silver glitter paper, butterfly paper punch, poster board, candles and some scrap booking flowers to put on the cake. We ordered the cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes and I was so happy I didn't make it this year! The sign I channeled my inner painter...... I haven't painted with watercolors since elementary! 

Party Details: 
Cake : Nothing Bundt Cake 10in White Chocolate Raspberry
13 sign: Crayola Watercolor paint, poster board and gold acrylic paint 
13 glitter numbers & flower: glitter paper and tissue paper dahlia 
Flowers: tissue paper
Bottles: Sidral Mundet Green Apple soda (so refreshing!!) and a steal at .66cents (Hispanic Market)
Paper Goods: Hobby Lobby spring collection at 40% off
Aqua backdrop for sign: plastic table cloth to cover existing art
Butterfly's: Martha Stewart paper punch





I found these lemon cookies at Family Dollar and they were delicious! Loved the swirl detail! Added a raspberry for that extra touch. 

Scrap booking flowers really added to the cake

Granny's birthday is four days after Brits so we always celebrate her too! She got a mini bundlet to take home for later! 







The apple soda was a huge hit! 


I LOVED the pop of color from the paper goods!

No comments:

Post a Comment