Sunday, August 31, 2014

New Twin Nursery

We are DONE!!! Babies are all moved in and loving their new space! I'm so happy I finally got to do another nursery! The last time I did one we had no idea what age child or gender it would be for (due to adopting through the state). This one turned out just like I wanted it to with a few minor adjustments to the design. Originally, I had planned grey bed skirts (that I spent time ironing) and brown minky bumpers.  Well, since the boys are pulling up we decided to put the mattress at the lowest setting. That meant getting bed-skirts on were nearly impossible so we nixed it. Then since our cribs are super thick on the rails the bumpers wouldn't tie on. These cribs are amazing though! They are by Bonavita and the collection is called Peyton. They have it in the lifetime collection and classic. Very well built and heavy! Even though these are the last babies I didn't want to deal with the issues I had last time!! I've learned that sometimes you get what you pay for and Target $150 dollar cribs don't hold up to a jumper!!! We literally had a cinder block and chains under Ben's because he could move it all over the room even with a rug! He even put a hole in his mattress so we had to buy him another one before we even moved him to a toddler bed. We upgraded that time to a 200 coil and thankfully could pass it down to a twin and only have one mattress to purchase! Riley and I found the cribs at BuyBuyBaby after a date lunch for 30% off plus they gave us a 10% off per crib twin discount and let us use a 20% coupon! We basically got two cribs for the price of one on sale! Score!! That was a huge blessing!! I am all about buying things on sale or a coupon!!

The same day we got the cribs put together I saw a skinny dresser listed on a Facebook resell page and it just so happened to be three blocks from my house!!  I went to go look at it and came back to get Riley to go get it for me (wouldn't fit in my van). My FIL stopped by the house to help with cribs and he went and got it for me!! The drawers are stamped Bassett and it will be perfect to hold extra diapers and wipes plus extra crib sheets. I bought grey chalk paint and mercury glass knobs for it. I'm hoping to paint it this coming week. I had planned to this past week but even with kids at school and rain I had no time (the first week of school was hectic). Plus I need to sand it a little. It's a little ugly now but I think it will be beautiful when I get done with it!! It's my naptime project!

Hobby Lobby had knobs on sale this last week for 50% off! I saw a similar knob in the Pottery Barn catalog/Anthropologie for $7-$9 and I was able to score these for $2.99 a piece! Love them and the price!
love Hobby Lobby too! I found this large "B" for 40% off  and Rustic frame for 50% off! It took me a while to get it painted just right but I think it turned out great! I used three different shades of aqua and blue plus some metallic gold and black for depth. It got sanded a few different times too.

Found this shadow box at Michaels for 40% off and they let me use a 15% off entire purchase coupon. This is so special because it's the boys coming home outfits, hats, bracelets to tell them apart, hospital bracelets and there is a first sonogram pic in the pocket watch trinket. I had to take a picture of it at an angle because of the glass.

I found a person online who sold reasonable handmade crib quilts. Each one was only $25 with $8 shipping which she combined since I was buying two. Can you believe that?!?!? I couldn't believe how nice they were when I got them in the mail. I love them!! I saw many quilts on Etsy that were over $100 and I just couldn't justify that expense. She is on ebay under seller TNFrogs. She is always listing new quilts. I think later they will love them for when everyone drags their bedding to the den for family movie night!
Barrett's:

Brennen's:

These minky pillow covers were in their First Easter baskets last Easter in preparation for their new beds. The blue chevron sheets were purchased at Target when I was pregnant. 

Brennen checking out his new digs

Barrett sacked out

Brennen sacked out too 

The view from my den

I think these cribs are just beautiful!! They are the espresso stain.


TADA!!! See how cute the custom fox and raccoon prints turned out!! I found the center sign at Hobby Lobby on sale too and it spoke to me!

I still have some sewing to do (fox fabric) but I'm in love with everything!!! I'll post pics once I get the dresser painted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment