Wednesday, May 8, 2013

32 weeks 1 day

I can't believe that we are getting so close to the finish line! I am getting more and more excited each day to meet my two new little men! I didn't get a chance to update on Friday so I'm going to back up a little bit....

On Friday I had an appointment with my OB. Since we are so close to twin full term Riley met me up at the office so we could discuss delivery questions.  Two sets of ears are better than one. His office is only 10 mins from my ob and normally I don't wait to terribly long to see my doctor. Riley had a manager meeting he had to be at later in the morning but we thought we would be out of there way before he needed to leave. My appointment was early and there was hardly anyone in the waiting room. So 9:45 turned into 10:45 and 10:45 turned into 11:45. Still no doctor just the nurse sticking her head in to say he will be in soon. Poor Riley is getting text messages saying his group was leaving the office to head to the restaurant they were meeting at. I told him to go, that I would be fine and I knew he needed to be there (the meeting was for the manager that is leaving and Riley is his replacement). Riley was so torn and I felt bad for him because I knew he wanted to stay. Not five minutes after Riley left the doctor came in.  I do have to say this about my doctor when he does make it in the room he is never in a rush, he makes you feel like he has your undivided attention and answered all my questions!!! Next time I see him I will be 34 weeks and he said we should be able to schedule my c-section! My blood pressure was great that day, no proteins and the babies heartbeats were good!! Afterwards I had planned to hit Buy Buy Baby for a few items BUT I was so tired. I ran home, ate some fast protein and took an hour nap before starting my crazy afternoon. While I was out picking up Ben from school, my MIL called and said she would pick up the older B's and bring them home for me. Then after they were home and I got Brit ready for dance practice, she took Brit to dance for me! Which meant the boys could stay home and play Wii, I could rest and Riley could pick up Brit. That was so nice and helpful!! On Saturday and Sunday Britney had dance recital practice at the theater so the weekend was busy getting her to and from. Riley took on the role of "dance dad" so I could organize all our baby gifts and the closet I've been shoving everything into, lol. My front living room look like a bomb went off!!

Oh my goodness that was a job but oh so FUN and I still feel like I need someone to pinch me! By the end of the day the closet was completely organized, baby bath towels/wash clothes, receiving blankets, swaddlers, and all newborn clothing was washed. I got their dressers all filled and sorted out the 0-3, 3-6, 6-9mth clothing! My brother and SIL called to ask if they could bring over the swings they bought the babies and it was so good to see them!! Afterwards we decided dinner out was in order!!  The kids of course picked The Burger Box. It was so nice we decided to eat outside!

On Sunday morning Riley and I sat in the living room and got everything put together but the pack in plays. That consisted of two Graco swing frames, two car seats, two bouncy seats and the Snap-n-Go double stroller frame.

Having all this stuff put together and seeing it makes this seem even more real. I know I say that alot but I still CAN'T believe this is fixing to be our reality. I see my belly growing, I feel my babies moving ALOT, and I see our ultrasounds but I still feel like I'm living in a bubble. Maybe it's because it took so long to get pregnant and I never thought it was in the cards for me. I can't wait to see what they look like! Will they have hair? Will it be light or dark? What color will their eyes finally be...deep chocolate like Riley or blue like mine? Will they look alike even though they are considered fraternal?

Yesterday I saw my specialist (32 wks exactly) and will see him weekly now. Here are the boys giving me a hug before I left for the doctor. They can barely wrap their arms around me (Brit wasn't feeling well so I didn't get a pic with her)

They hooked me up for a non-stress test and will do this each week. Both babies heartbeats were great and I wasn't having any contractions (which was nice to know, I didn't think I was). Then he did an ultrasound and checked their cord blood flows which he said was great. My blood pressure was good and I didn't have any proteins. His exact words were, "These are some great looking babies and I don't see why you don't go the entire way and just keep doing what your doing."

This weekend is going to be awesome!! Miss Britney's dance recital is Saturday and I can't wait to see my baby girl dance! They are doing The Wizard of Oz and I can't wait to put her in her costume! I'll be sure to post pictures!!! Then Sunday is Mother's Day and we have some fun easy going plans for that!


  1. Oh! My! Goodness! I can't imagine the excitement!!!!!!!!

  2. You are getting so close! Doesn't all the "stuff" make it feel so REAL?!?