Thursday, March 20, 2014

Skin Care

Several of my friends have messaged me asking about my skin care regime so I thought I would also share it with you! Do you have a skin care regime? Back in my twenty's I didn't follow any one thing and if I could go back and change anything it would be taking better care of my skin. Having Poly-cystic Ovarian Syndrome meant my hormones were severely out of wack for most of my twenty's and my skin took the brunt of that. Plus stress and not drinking enough water didn't help it either. I also wasn't real concerned about sunscreen. Then one day I was reading an article in a magazine and it said that one night of going to bed without washing the makeup off your face ages your skin 7 years. Yikes! I didn't make it a habit of not washing my makeup off so that wasn't really an issue BUT it did make me stop and think about skin care. I don't even know if the above statement is true but I'm sure it's not good for your pores and if your pillow case doesn't get washed afterwards then....ewwwww!! My mother-in-law worked for a dermatologist for ten years (she retired in 2007) and she was always bringing me home samples to try of professional grade cleansers, pore refiners and anti-aging lotions. I found them to be mostly drying and expensive for full size bottles. I've bought Clinque, Elizabeth Arden, Philosophy, Dermalogica, Dr Brandt, Murad, Obagi, La Roche, M.D Forte, Origins as well as all your drugstore brands and MaryKay over the years. When I gave Shaklee Enfuselle a try I figured it would be no different than anything else I ever tried. Now that I'm about to be 38 years old skin care is so important to me as well is sunscreen! I've been using Enfuselle exclusively now for 18 months and I absolutely LOVE it!! This is the first winter that my face didn't feel like it was about to crack and fall off! I also LOVE that sunscreen is built into the AM lotion and in the Texas sun that is so important!! The only product I use that isn't Shaklee on my face is good old Witch-hazel. Enfuselle has a toner but I still use the Witch-hazel (under $4 at Walmart or Walgreens and comes in a huge bottle).

This is what I use every single day....

Shaklee has two types of face cleansers but I use the Hydrating Cleansing Lotion. I love how it smells and I love how it removes my makeup as well as my heavy liquid eyeliner I use everyday. If you prefer a gel Shaklee also has Enfuselle Purifying Cleansing Gel that is soap free and pH balanced.

This is my routine:
AM
PM
It's that simple and takes maybe 5 minutes from start to finish!! Don't forget when you start any NEW skin care regimen the skin will bring all the impurities to the surface. It usually takes 2-3 weeks for the skin to adjust to a new routine.The best part of this routine is the product lasts a long time because it doesn't take much and the entire cost for ALL the products was around $150. Dr Brandt eye cream alone is $60- $90 depending on the formulation you chose.

So there you go, that is my routine. It's simple, cost effective, lasts a long time and WORKS! My skin is firmer, brighter, softer and I could swear the one line I had around my left eye has diminished! :)
PS... Don't forget to drink lots of water AND keep your pillow cases washed. Oils from your face transfer to the pillow case and can cause breakouts!! :)
Follow JOURNEY TO HAPPY on Facebook today!

2 comments:

  1. Kriss that's great. Does Shaklee ever do smaller sample sizes that we can purchase to try before investing in the full bottles? I have quite a collection of products. Some worked for a while and then starting irritating my skin and some just didn't work from day 1. My face is getting more redness and irritation from my lupus. I was loving aveeno daily moisturizer but my face recently started freaking out from it. Mary Kay didn't work at all. Estee Lauder was the worst for me. Some clique is okay (like the concealer) but none of the cleaners. Some of Origins worked by not all of it (plus the store closed in town years ago). Purify by Philosophy is okay but nothing special (for my skin). Yes, I always use a moisturizer with an spf because of my lupus (the sun is very bad for it). Anyhow, I rambled but I thought I'd ask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christi, they don't BUT Shaklee does offer a 100% money back guarantee on ALL their products. If you don't like it you simply call Shaklee.

      Delete