Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Little Ballerina

With our adoption anniversary coming up I thought I would do a post on each of my beautiful children. Some of you have known me for a very long time and some of you are just getting to know me (welcome!).

My life has been so greatly impacted by adopting. You can read about our adoption story here. I never knew until my children came along how big my heart could grow. How much they would make me grow as a person and stretch me beyond limits I thought possible. I never knew how many tears I could shed in one day or how much my face/heart could smile. Let me introduce you to my oldest child, Brit. While she is my oldest she is actually my second child by two weeks. I got Brady first and then she came to live with us two weeks later. Never in my life had I ever met a more beautiful child inside and out. I can still remember her piercing blue eyes the first time I laid eyes on her. Her hair was bleach blond and she had a smile that could light up a room (she still does and her dimples do the talking!). Also, there has never been a time in my life that I have ever been so scared. Since she was almost three years old, I worried that we wouldn't be able to bond. Boy was I WRONG! I can't believe that she went from being 34 months to 10 going on 11. Brit is always a helper, always thoughtful, an observer, girly girl to the core (makeup, shoes, purses..just like me!!), a ballerina, good student, always tries her hardest and an amazing reader. I absolutely love it when we have girl time (no brothers allowed) and I get to have one on one time with her. I love to hear her thoughts, her dreams and her likes/dislikes. I feel so blessed to call her my daughter and I really cherish the relationship we are creating with each other. That is SO important. I always want her to know and feel that we are her number one supporters and we LOVE her so much!
How about some pictures???
First Camping Trip (4yrs old)

Princess Birthday (age 5)

First Ballet Concerto recital May 2012
Ballet camp July 2012





No comments:

Post a Comment