Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Metal Hooks Before and After

I decided I needed some new kitchen towel hooks the last time I went to Hobby Lobby. Only hiccup was they weren't on sale. Booo! So I did what every thrifty person does.... I waited for a sale! Much to my delight metal went on sale for 50% off this week! I will give you two guesses where I went yesterday. :) I picked up three metal hooks and got out of there for under $6.00!!! When I got home though I decided they looked to plain. So I broke out some left over craft paint, a flat stippling brush, a paper plate and a napkin. Gave those hooks a little dry brushing patina look! It's super easy. Put a little paint on a paper plate, dip your brush in the paint lightly and then tap it on a paper towel a few times to remove excess paint. Lightly brush the metal in the creases (you can even wipe it a little after if you get too much paint on it). Voila, patina! I love how they turned out!! Hmmm, I might need some new dish towels to go with them.










1 comment: